Monday, February 21, 2011

Talking Back

So as I sit here in the chair this morning watching Lane "paint" it reminds me to thank the Lord for a healthy son! So friends of our The Corbin's are going through a very trying time right now. They welcomed their son, Cooper, into the world on Friday! We are so excited for them however they are in need of prayers. Cooper is having some breathing problems right now and is having to stay in the hospital without Mommy or Daddy! Tracy got released from the hospital yesterday and last night they had to go home without their newborn son, and I can't even imagine how hard that must have been. So please keep them in your prayers!

Now onto the title of this post "Talking Back"!! I swear Lane is two going on 16!! I don't know which one of us is going to survive this stage! In recent days JJ and I have heard the following: Leave me alone, In a minute, I don't want it, and NO NO NO!! The last one is the one that irritates me the most!! And please imagine the "I don't want it" in a very hick tone! There are days that I miss the sweet boy that didn't talk, but then I would be griping about not being able to understand what he wants!

Here is the conversation I had with Lane this morning:
Me: Lane where is your milk and donuts
Lane: On the floor
Me: You better pick it up before Bubba(the dog) eats your donuts
Lane: No, I don't want to
Me: Fine, you aren't going to get anymore donuts.

A few minutes later

Lane: NO NO NO Bubba..That mine
Me: I told you to pick them up
Lane: Leave me alone Mommy!!

We are so very blessed with this little boy and I can't imagine our lives without him!

No comments: